Cheapest Smoke Detector Installations in Virginia Beach
Carbon monoxide kills an average of 430 people a year, with thousands more becoming violently ill. How is this so common? What can you do to keep your family safe?
The Silent Killer
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, poisoning is extremely dangerous. Fuel that doesn’t completely burn off creates carbon monoxide. Common household appliances like water heaters, fireplaces, ovens and dryers can create carbon monoxide. Because carbon monoxide is tasteless, colorless and odorless, it is known as the silent killer. Without any signs or warnings, this undetectable poisonous gas can poison us.
Breathing in carbon monoxide suffocates us secretly. Carbon monoxide crowds out oxygen in our red blood cells. Permanent brain damage and lung tissue damage are the results of carbon monoxide poisoning. Call 911 immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Shortness of Breath
If carbon monoxide is caught early enough, there may still be time to save the victim.
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
For carbon monoxide poisoning, the key is prevention. There are ways to avoid CO poisoning. Nipper Electric can help ease your fears with a skilled and licensed team of electricians in Virginia Beach, Va. We can help keep your family safe with our many electrical services:
- Installing carbon monoxide smoke detector combos in your home.
- Inspecting wiring for any faults.
- Properly installing generators that will vent carbon monoxide away from your home.
- Inspecting appliance hook-ups for proper running.
We do dependable work to keep your home running safely.
Installing Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detectors
The easiest, most reliable way to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning is to install a carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector or combination with both. There are different options for these detectors.
Having a carbon monoxide smoke detector combo hardwired into your alarm system is a great option. This detector will alert you wherever you are. These are a little more expensive but could be worth the money. The only problem may be when the power goes out.
A carbon monoxide smoke detector plug is a great inexpensive option, but can be unreliable. But it can’t be installed high where smoke rises. The plug-in stops when power outages occur. This is dangerous because people use carbon monoxide producers like fire places, candles, kerosene lamps and generators for light.
Your best bet is using battery operated carbon monoxide smoke detector combos on each floor. Local codes require certain types and amounts of detectors so check your local laws or call Nipper Electric. We are well versed in local codes and know the best places to install detectors.
Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detector Going Off
Carbon monoxide some detector beeping is caused by the detector sensing certain levels of smoke and/or carbon monoxide in the home. When the sensor is triggered, it is important to get everyone out of the home. Get lots of fresh air, call 911 or, if no one is sick or injured, call the authorities. Do not re-enter the building until the beeping has stopped.
Treating You Like Family
Nipper Electric is a family-owned business. We know the importance of having a safe home. Our skilled, licensed electricians will work to make your home safe too. Please don’t wait to install a carbon monoxide smoke detector. Call us today at 757-842-1710or schedule an appointment online, it might just save a life.
RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SERVICESAluminum wiringBathroom exhaust fansCarbon monoxide detectorsChandelier InstallationDimmer InstallationDock Electrical WiringFan installationsFlat screen TV installationElectrical TroubleshootingGenerator InstallationLandscape lightingLED Light ConversionLighting upgradesMeter Box ReplacementOutdoor security lightingPanel upgradesPathway LightingPool and hot tub wiringPool Light ReplacementPower OutageRecessed LightingReceptacle installationSolarSub Panel InstallationTrack LightingUnder Cabinet LightingVehicle charging stationsWhole House Surge ProtectorAttic Exhaust Fan Installation