Get Professional Dock Electrician in Norfolk, VA
Nipper Electric has the knowledge, skill and experience for all your dock electrical needs. We are a family owned business that has proudly served the Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake area for over 18 years. We have been top rated Electrical contractors in Virginia Beach area for 5 years now. Some of our Dock Electrical services include:
- Boat Lift Wiring
- Dock Motor Lifts
- Shore Power Pedestal Wiring
- Marina Power Pedestal Wiring
- Marina Electrical Maintenance
- Dedicated Circuits for Power Boats
- Dock Lighting
- Dock Electrical Maintenance
Our experienced and licensed staff can get your dock safely wired for electrical and leave the boating up to you.
Boat Dock and Marina Electrical Wiring
Owning a boat is a way of life for many of us here in the beautiful Virginia Beach area. There are so many opportunities to get out on the water, either on inland lakes, ponds and creeks or on the ocean. Just like your car, a boat needs a safe place to be stored when it’s not in use. Docks and marina’s provide excellent shelter, protection and easy access to waterways. Docks and marinas require specific electrical wiring that is suited to the water, weather and electrical needs of the equipment used. Dock or marina electrical wiring should include:
- Weatherized Wiring
- Waterproof Wires, Cords, Junction Boxes and Plugs
- Careful Installation with Grounding
- GFCI Outlets for Areas With Multiple Uses
- Appropriate Weatherproof & Waterproof Lighting
- Matching Plugs and Receptacles
- Reverse Polarity or Overheating Alert Systems
Electrocutions near docks and marinas occur mainly due to poor or shoddy wiring or a lack of preventative measures like alerts or GFCI outlets. A trusted professional electrician like Nipper Electric can help you create a safe environment for your dock or marina. Proper dock electrical wiring will maintain your boat’s condition and keep your family safety.
Professional Boat & Dock Electrical Installations
Healthy Boats, Safe Water
Boats require care and maintenance to keep them running. There are many ways to help keep your boat healthy and running, here are just a few devices to consider while you are planning your dock.
- Boat Lifts- A boat lift will prevent corrosion of your boat and its wires, cut down on the wear and tear from the elements and marine life. Motorized boat lifts are the most popular and some even come with remote controls for easy use.
- Shore Power Pedestals- This equipment provides a place to plug in your boat while it’s docked. You can then use the electricity to power your boat’s appliances like stoves, televisions or sound-systems on your boat without running your boat.
- Dedicated Circuits- These circuits have been dedicated to running only your boat or dock wiring. This creates less confusion, overheating or dangerous electrical wear and tear.
- Dock Lighting- One of the most important things you can do for your dock is to provide plenty of good light for early morning, evening and even night boating and safety. Recessed, track or pendant lighting all work well to help keep docks lit and safe.
Poor installations or poor maintenance can cause big issues for docks and marinas. Crossing wires during installation disrupts the grounding wire which can lead to electrocution. Overheating can occur from using the wrong plugs for a receptacle and create corrosion, fires or shocks. Nipper Electric provides professional installation and maintenance to help you avoid these issues.
We perform maintenance, inspections, repairs and installations on docks and marinas. The only thing we don’t do is wire or drive the boat. Call us today at 757-842-1710 or schedule an appointment online while you get your fishing tackle ready. We can’t wait to wire your dock and get you safely on the water.
RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SERVICESAluminum wiringBathroom exhaust fansCarbon monoxide detectorsCAT 5 and CAT 6 WiringChandelier InstallationDimmer InstallationDock Electrical WiringElectrical TroubleshootingFan installationsFlat screen TV installationGenerator InstallationHome Automation ServiceLandscape lightingLED Light ConversionLighting upgradesMeter Box ReplacementOutdoor security lightingPanel upgradesPathway LightingPool and hot tub wiringPool Light ReplacementPower OutageRecessed LightingReceptacle installationSecurity Camera InstallationSolarSub Panel InstallationTrack LightingUnder Cabinet LightingVehicle charging stationsWhole House Surge ProtectorAttic Exhaust Fan Installation