Best Professional Service in Virginia Beach
Nothing beats a soothing swim or hot tub soak after a long day. Nipper Electric can make this dream a reality. Our professional, licensed electricians are well versed in hot tub wiring code. We safely install pool lights, GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) near water and wire hot tubs. Let our team work with you to:
- Install a hot tub perfect for your space.
- Wire underwater lighting for nighttime swimming.
- Install safety equipment like GFCI outlets to prevent shocks.
- Install 220v hot tub wiring cables safely underground.
- Replace outdated outlets with GFCI outlets to meet hot tub wiring code.
- Dig trenches and install all wiring safely and quickly.
Our professionals can set everything up so all you have to do is set back and relax. You could come home to a brand new hot tub in a matter of days.
Do it yourself hot tub wiring can be difficult and dangerous. Be prepared with extra knowledge and expert help. People sometimes forget how dangerous electric currents near water can be. Nipper Electric is a trusted electrician in the Virginia Beach area that can install your hot tub safely.
Even low-volt currents can cause injuries or even death. A tiny shock is enough to stun someone long enough for them to drown. Victims drowning due to shock are difficult to save because their rescuer could be shocked also. For these reasons alone, pools and hot tub wiring code must be strictly followed. Consider these safety precautions when choosing your hot tub:
- NEVER place hot tubs under power lines. Hot tub wiring schematics mention this, but many people ignore this warning.
- Hot tub wiring used must be supported by the panel it is wired to.
- Never install low voltage lighting within 10 feet of your hot tub or pool.
- All wires must be placed at least 18” underground.
- Underground wiring can’t be placed beneath hot tubs. Wires could short out or be damaged and cause shocks.
- Hot tub wiring code requires an emergency shut off within 5 feet of the hot tub.
- Install GFCI outlets near the pool. These outlets contain triggers that stop electric currents when a stray current is sensed.
Hot Tub Wiring Schematics
Wiring anything involving water takes a hard work and a lot of electrical skill. Professional electricians must have more than general wiring knowledge. Hot tub wiring schematics call for the correct hot tub wiring size for each style. For wiring 220-volt hot tubs, this would mean a 6 gauge copper wire. Other hot tubs have separate voltages for heat and lights, which means even more wiring. Even with 220v hot tub wiring diagrams, the whole process can be difficult and dangerous. The CPSC advises consumers to contact a professional electrician with any hot tub or pool wiring.
Nipper Electric realizes how important safety is to you and your family. We want you to be able to enjoy your hot tub with full peace of mind. If you are ready to start relaxing, call us today at 757-842-1710 to start your hot tub wiring. You can even schedule an appointment online in while you have your morning coffee.
RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SERVICESAluminum wiringBathroom exhaust fansCarbon monoxide detectorsChandelier InstallationDimmer InstallationDock Electrical WiringFan installationsFlat screen TV installationElectrical TroubleshootingGenerator InstallationLandscape lightingLED Light ConversionLighting upgradesMeter Box ReplacementOutdoor security lightingPanel upgradesPathway LightingPool and hot tub wiringPool Light ReplacementPower OutageRecessed LightingReceptacle installationSolarSub Panel InstallationTrack LightingUnder Cabinet LightingVehicle charging stationsWhole House Surge ProtectorAttic Exhaust Fan Installation